|Power of Three|
|Collective Power Information|
The power of three magical beings who work as one.
To enhance spells, potions and active powers.
The Triquetra is the theme symbol of Charmed and Fated, representing specifically the Charmed Ones themselves and their Power of Three, which is marked on their Book of Shadows.
While most of the spells written in the book require the Power of Three to take enough effect, it isn't always necessary for all three sisters to chant a spell together, only as long as they are all together at the same time.
For example, Phoebe cast the Dominus Trinus to awaken their powers as the Charmed Ones; Piper has summoned the Power of Three to save Paige from an invading spirit; Paige summoned it to vanquish a Slime Demon.
Origins EditIt is not explicitly stated how a Power of Three bond is formed but prophecy, lineage, identity and mutual trust seem to be key factors. It could be possible one must take a blood oath to always remain together or something of that nature as Phoebe mentioned that she and her sisters once took one to always remain friends.
It may be that one needs the aid of a spell to create such a bond. Phoebe read a spell to bestow the power of the Charmed Ones upon the sisters, titled "Dominus Trinus":
- Hear now the words of the witches,
- The secrets we hid in the night,
- The oldest of Gods are invoked here,
- The great work of Magic is sought
- In this night and in this hour,
- We call upon the Ancient Power
- Bring your powers to we sisters three!
- We want the power!
- Give us the power!
Passing on the Power of Three Edit
It was revealed in A Visit to Another Time, that the second generation of the Power of Three had become significantly weaker over the years. The reason for this is because they passed it on to three powerful witches in their family line. However, they didn't know who and decided to wait until their children were older to tell them and figure out who it want to. Phoebe had a premonition of her eldest daughter Prue vanquishing a great evil with two other women using the Power of Three Spell on the day of Prue's birth.
Since then, they have been fighting many evil forces of evil using the Power of Three.
- Any three people possessing each of the Charmed One's powers through their blood or a 'To Call a Witch's Powers' spell can form their own Power of Three - provided they can stop the original users from channeling it in the first place.
- In A Visit to Another Time, the new Power of Three will be revealed.
- They are Prue Halliwell, Parker Halliwell, and Paris Halliwell.
- Prue Halliwell cast the spell to reconstitute the Power of Three.
- It should be noted that when Phoebe had her three daughters, the original Power of Three became significantly weaker, but was still existent. This means that is possible for two generations of the Charmed Ones to exist at the same time, but the first generation will be much weaker.