|Don't Mess With Magic|
|Season One, Episode 06|
A House of Death
SURFING THE AFTERSHOCKS -- With the magical community still reeling from past events, it's up to the Halliwell children to fix it. But when magical creatures start resurfacing in the mortal world and also appear to be losing their magic, things quickly turn south. This causes Melinda to call some unlikely people for help. Elsewhere, Paris gets a new power that has her second guessing everything.
Notes & Trivia
- Takes place three days after the previous episode.
- Kyle, Laurel, and Hope will be returning.
- Like her mother, Melinda always feels sore after a fight.
- The Elders think that there is someone in the magical community that is working for Luesent - a traitor. They aren't sure who yet.
- Fairies: Fairies will be seen in this episode
- Dwarves: Second appearance of dwarves (first was Locked In)
- Ogre's: Second appearance of Giants (first was Locked In)
- Wood Nymphs: First appearance of Wood Nymphs. They were mentioned in Locked In but never seen.
- Trolls: First appearance of, both as human and creature.
Powers and Abilities
(* = not well/failed/stripped)
- Spell Casting: Unknown Witch, Twice-Blessed Children
- Beaming: Prue*, Parker*, Paris
- Scrying: Chris
- Potion Making: Wyatt
- Dream Precognition: Paris (granted)
- Sensing: Wyatt (unseen)
- Orbing: Chris, Sabrina, Wyatt, Melinda
- Telekinesis: Melinda, Chris, Prue*
- Fireball: Luesent
- Flaming: Luesent
- Cryokinesis: Kyle*
- The Combined Power of Twice-Blessed Children: Wyatt, Chris, Melinda
- Shimmering: Marcus
- Teleportation Potion: Made by Kyle and Laurel Raven.
Spells and Rituals
- To Remove Magic Spell: Cast by an unknown but very powerful witch.
- To Restore Magic Spell: A spell cast by the Twice-Blessed Children to reverse the To Remove Magic Spell.
(* = mentioned only/unseen)
- Magical Newsletter*: A newsletter that goes around to numerous magical beings and informs them on the news going on in The Magical Community. Melinda always threw them out unknowingly.
- Numerous books at Magic School:
- Melinda's Book of Shadows: Melinda's childhood Book of Shadows that contains numerous spells and potions.
- Cauldron: A large pot used to brew potions etc. in.
- Luesent's Athame*: A powerful athame capable of removing magic from magical beings.
- Halliwell Manor:
- Halliwell-Coop Manor:
- Mitchell Manor:
- Magic School:
- Enchanted Forest: Mentioned by a fairy and partially seen in a vision of Paris Halliwell's.
- The Underworld:
Special Guest Stars
- Various unknown actors as Magical Creatures
- Hanging by a Moment by Lifehouse
- Unknown Intense Music by Unknown
- One Call Away by Charlie Puth
On the Magical Blackout
- "The idea Magical Blackout as many people are calling it now, really stemmed from the many times that magic kind of went haywire during Charmed. In this episode, we introduced the idea that magic isn't always a guaranteed thing. We kind of get to see the Fated Ones being forced to use other methods besides their powers; driving instead of orbing or beaming, calling someone on the phone instead of yelling their name and they're there, and even the little things like the ability to scry were suddenly gone. Seeing the Magical Community pull together was a big thing for this episode and one that I wanted to make as prominent as possible. As for who had enough power to pull off a stunt like this, well, that's a dangerous thing that will bother a certain Fated One."
On the Magical Community
- "I love the Magical Community! The fact that they all actually worked together so many time and were able to tolerate each other, for me, was awesome. I wanted to show that in this episode, and their willingness to accept new people, such as Hope, into the group. Something is going to happen with them much, much later on down the road, and there are some moments that occurred in this episode that were Easter Eggs (spoilers/hint/reveals) of what is to come."
On Hope and Wyatt's Relationship
- "Hope and Wyatt are... And interesting pairing. Hope is the kind, following, and in many ways, the oblivious person in the series. She has no idea of what is going on, who she is, what her role in the community of magic is, and really of what magic is. Wyatt is the often times, blunt, leader, and knowledgeable person in the series. He knows everything, everyone, where he comes from, who he is, exactly what he needs to do... He has these responsibilities - just like Hope does, and in many ways these opposite traits will attract. But whether or not they will meet and a positive otcome will prevail, or they meet and everything goes to hell is something people will have to wait and see."